I love that Facebook App, On this day. I love it because I'm always able to look at the beauty of the struggle. Last year, for some weird reason, things kept happening to our house, it flooded because the pipes on a house 4 houses down had burst, the upstairs ceiling had collapsed a bit, and the furnace kept breaking! We weren't having any luck with our old old house, but we were always happy for some reason. So my post last year of "Bring on the locusts...." really made me think of the contrast of this day with last year.
The rainbow in this card symbolizes my Rainbow Baby. A Rainbow baby is a baby born after a loss or death of a baby. My little rainbow weathered a lot of storms with us and his sister after he was born and the house started taking on a life of its own. We had to change Nannies, we had to live on savings because of work and we had to figure out how we were going to get things fixed. It was so hard for us, I owed 3 weeks of sick days so I didn't get paid after maternity leave, we were broke and exhausted, and all of these things kept piling up. But, in retrospect, if we didn't have our little rainbow, our sunshine that made us smile with his giggles, his constant cooing that made us all melt, I wonder what other things would have helped us weather it well?
I've learned to embrace the storms, I've learned to hike up my pants, put on some boots and a little lipstick goes a long way. If I get these blooms after the clouds, then bring it on Locusts!
AT-0163 - The light, Sunrise burst stamped in
IP-0014 - Pineapple smoothie as my base for the card with
AT-0146 - Dreams Stamps Stamped on
CS-0040 - Whip Cream Card Stock Stamped with
IP- 0041 - Black Licorice Ink Pad
Rainbow made with:
CS-0093- Rich Coral Cardstock 8.5x11"
CS-0087 - Banana Cream Cardstock
CS-0095 - Sweet Pear Cardstock
CS-0004 -Blue Lagoon Cardstock
CS-0016 - Kiwi Lime Cardstock
DI-0039 - Journey Circles cut on the largest die and holes
Clouds: & Flowers
DI-0032 - Cloud Dreams in Whip Cream Card Stock
DI-0019 Summer Bloom Minis in assorted scraps
Thanks for stopping by! Please like and share with your friends! Don't forget to subscribe so you can follow along with me! You can find me on Facebook, Youtube, Instagram and Google Plus under iHeartScraps!
If you would like to purchase any of the products, please go to www.funstampersjourney.com/569 or
Please stop by the other blogs to find out other cool things you can do with FSJ products!
"Thanks for hopping to my blog. Please head over to (---) blog to see what he/she has to share."
1. Christine Pennington : http://www.christinepennington.com/my-blog/FSJ-may-flowers.html
2. Betsye Rose Cimino Erazo: http://betsyerose.blogspot.com/2016/05/april-showers-bring-may-flowers.html
3. Kim Lamos: http://pinkzebrapapercreations.blogspot.com/2016/05/journey-hoppers-blog-hop.html
4. Heather Flaherty: http://www.papercrafteranonymous.com/2016/05/FSJMayFlowers.html
5. Wilma Payne: http://stampintotheoldies.blogspot.com/2016/04/mayflowers.html
6. Carol Norby: http://stampincarol.blogspot.com/2016/05/may-flowers-blog-hop.html
7. Charlene Lindsey Leasor: http://charsjourney.com/index.php/2016/05/15/journey-blooms-blog-hop-may/
8. Sharon Olson Venclauskas: http://www.bloomsbysharon.com/may-flowers-blog-hop/
9. Sandra Kay Tate: http://craftingwithsandra.blogspot.com/2016/05/may-blog-hop.html
10. Ruth Cooper: http://www.sassyangelsstudio.com/journey-blog-hop-may-flowers/